Tuesday 23 October 2012

"meh" to "oh yeah" men's tee



This top has a funny story behind it. My husband and I had just watched The Avengers and I had popped on Pinterest and seen this tutorial from Cheri at I am momma hear me roar for an avengers tee. I showed my husband and laughed, thinking about it being a coincidence, but then he got excited and asked if I could make him one!




So I got out my trusty freezer paper and started tracing the free pdf Cheri had put up, just leaving a gap where hawk eye was (the hubs thinks he's a bit lame, "so he just shoots?!") and replaced it with a googled image of the hulk. For a freezer paper tute click here.




He loved it so much he even said as much on facebook, that it was his favourite craft project I'd done! Not bad :) Though he still was reluctant to show his face for the whole of the internet to see, he was actually recovering from an abscess on his wisdom tooth...




I did manage to get one though! Think this is my first successful thing I've made for my husband that wasn't food based! Any of you been able to make something your significant other has worn?

5 comments:

  1. Not as yet but I'm thinking one of these would be a well received Christmas present - perhaps on the top of a new pair of PJ's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny you should say that...I'm almost done making pj bottoms for the whole family! I used the blue striped cover you gave me to upcycle!

      Delete
  2. Great shirt and a little cutie pie wearing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great T :)
    I made my husband a ring which I'm still quite proud of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it a wedding ring? I can't even get my husband to wear that one!

      Delete