Monday 1 October 2012

Fabric storage boxes


I've been wanting to sew some fabric boxes for a while. Firstly because they're cute.


But mostly because I haven't bought any fabric all summer, and it's still busting out from every corner of my desk!



So I used this tutorial (without the interfacing), and made these reversible fabric storage boxes.

I love them, and you could have both the same fabric on the outside too. Whatever works. 

These ones are going to a particularly messy relative. :) Beautiful, but oh, so messy. (Anyone else have that relative? And I find it SO difficult not to tidy when I see her room!)


And they were a lot quicker than I expected, so I may do a few more too. Maybe try out this tutorial from design*sponge. Looks like it may be a little better for not using interfacing, which let's face it, if I can miss a step, I will! 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I like these! Now that October has rolled in, my sewing machine is itching to come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling the same Jileen! Am even considering pj's for the whole family! :) By the way, love your living room, the sofa looks great in the room, good impulse buy.

      Delete
  2. I love these! Maybe an idea for a boys nurswery ...

    ReplyDelete