Thursday 10 May 2012

Chalk Paint Jar Lids (quickie craft)

This craft is that easy that my four year old ended up doing it for me! (Sweet!)


Clean out a jar. I actually let the dishwasher do this bit for me!

Then paint the lid with chalkboard paint.


Izzy did that bit! It's not perfect, but it turned out great still!

Wait overnight for it to dry, chalk on your message and deliver.


I know. I'm really cheesy.

Or you could use them for storage jars. And just chalk on what's inside.


This one was filled with sweets. What can I say? My friend's pregnant and really loves sweets! Oh and I got to keep the left overs...that works out well too ;)

Hmm...still have more chalk paint left. Any other ideas? (I already have a Chalkboard Table and Chalkboard Frame)



Too Much Time On My Hands

15 comments:

  1. That is an awesome idea! It would be great end of term teacher gifts! You could fill it with school supplies in layers or all kinds of neat stuff! I'm gonna start saving jars!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that idea Wendy! If you do it could you send me some pictures? I'd love to see how it turns out like that. Our schools don't finish for another two months (and a bit) so luckily I have a lot of time to start saving!

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! this would make really cool birthday giveaways...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So versatile. And I love re-using jars :)

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! Thanks for linking up to the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it would been cheesy, it you filled with cheese! I love this. I'm s o going to try this. Can you buy that chalk board paint in a spray can? Well I just have to look. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can! That would make it even easier!

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute idea--I think my daughter would like making it with me too:) I am a new follower, I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime!

    Shannon@SewSweetCottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice project to do with your kids. Plus it's really practical and not just another glittery creation on the fridge! (though I love those too!) Am following you now too! Think I pinned your blanket a few weeks back! :) Thanks for joining in. xx

      Delete
  6. LOVE this. I totally need to revamp my kitchen cupboards, and this could help!

    If you really want to go the whole hog with chalkboard paint, I've seen people paint the insides (or outsides!!) of their kitchen cupboard doors for note writing, shopping list making, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do this! I'm thinking turquoise on the inside? Would be so fun, my landlord would love it! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! You'd be surprised how easy it is! But so useful (plus great when you forget about a gift and need to dress it up a bit!)

      Delete
  8. Does the chalkboard paint stick to the lids long(ish)-term? Did you prime or anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does! mine's been fine, but I wouldn't recommend a dishwasher though, just use a cloth.

      Delete