Wednesday 9 November 2011

Two ingredient chocolate truffles

I love how easy these are! You simply melt together two parts dark chocolate to one part double cream. To make these I used 300g of chocolate and 200g/ml of double cream.

Melt together over a pan of simmering water and set in a tray or tin (it could be anything really, it's just quicker in something where it's more spread out.).


Then get whatever you want to roll them in ready, below I have grated dark chocolate, chopped nuts, grated white chocolate and icing sugar. But I've also used cocoa powder and even dipped them in another white or milk chocolate truffle sauce and let set. 

I think hundreds and thousands would be great for kids to dip too.



Then scoop out a spoonful of the mixture, roll it into the ball and cover it in the different toppings. (I don't have a picture of the rolling and dipping as it's pretty messy!)



Now normally I use this recipe for Christmas gifts or a treat for someone's birthday, but today I had it as desert after dinner and the kids LOVED rolling and dipping their own. It was SO messy but so much fun too. 

I don't know why I didn't think of it before! Chocolate and mess? Perfect for kids :)

Wish I had pictures, but I was rushing out the door for work as they were having them!



You may notice that there's none of the dark chocolate ones, that's because Ethan was 'washing up' as I was making dinner and with his super awesome reach grabbed the bowl with grated chocolate in and washed it for me. :( 

I usually package these in little handmade boxes.


They're so rich that less is more with these.

And I think this is so cute (if maybe a little disappointing?).


The boxes are just made with a square of thin card or sturdy paper. I'll do a tutorial soon.

So what toppings would you use?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up to our party, Show and Share #13, come back this week!

    A mommy's life... with a touch of yellow
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look insanely delicious, and pretty doable, even for me! Have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! And easy enoug that I might not mess it up. I'm your newest follower...loving your blog and your name :). I'm a huge Fleetwood Mac fan and Rhiannon is one of m favorite songs. Would love it f you'd stop by our blog too!
    Brittany @ funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete