Thursday 29 September 2011

Two easy ideas



When Andy had his week off this summer one thing I wanted to try was fabric paints. Izzy is really into painting and clothes, so I thought it could be the perfect combination.

 

 

I just got some cheap fabric paint from the pound shop and we all had a go! Though I must admit that I was a mean mum and did this while Ethan was napping. I was a little too worried that we'd all get painted, including the kitchen, though I did get Izzy to decorate one for him so he didn't miss out!
 

Of course the only male involved had to get all mathematical!


And mine was super cheesy!


Not a bad activity for £1! (The tee's were old ones we already had.)

And lastly, my sister gave me this cute top.


I loved the fabric but the style did nothing for me, so...


I may have turned it into a scarf. Because of the fabric doesn't fray I didn't need to hem the edges, I just cut four evenish width pieces and sewed them together!


My husband didn't understand my excitement when I found out that the lining of my jacket matched the scarf! 

Easy peasy project! Ten minutes tops from start to finish. And to my lovely sister who gave it to me, thanks! Hope you don't mind that I hacked it up...

What have you done that's meant a new use for something good you had lying around? Or do you have a good upcycle I can steal ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh super cute! I love the scarf and lining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I love it! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete