Tuesday 23 August 2011

Yellow Tote Bag





So I had a tutorial all ready to show you for his bag.

Then I cleverly deleted my photos from the camera before checking they were on the laptop. Turns out they weren't. But it was pretty simple. Two rectangles of one fabric, two the same size of another (my inside one is a pillow case I saw very cheap) and two thin rectangles for the straps. 

For the main body I sewed three sides on both of the inside and outside pieces. Then placed them wrong sides together and hemmed it all around, then boxed the bottom corners.






Then made and sewed on the strap.

It looked a little plain so I looked through my scraps stash and found some trim from an old dress of Izzy's which was miraculously the right size, so I just pinned it so I both hemmed it at the top and attatched it to the bag. Done! 




Note that I'm not showing you the other side's join...it wasn't quite as nicely lined up!



My first handbag!

9 comments:

  1. bright colors! Love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! how are you so good?xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The colors are awesome! Super cute!

    I would love to have you share this at my link party, Show & Share--

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! The interior is even lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really appreciate you linking up this fantastic post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Hope you'll continually share your creativity with us at the weekly party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. isn't it great when you can repurpose things like pillow cases and parts of other projects? looks fantastic!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag is so cute! I love the yellow and pink combo together. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cute tote! The lining fabric is cheeky, I like it.

    ReplyDelete