Friday 1 July 2011

Embellished girly tees

Just so you know, I'm being shown off today at Ladybird Lane! She has a great blog and has a link up party with some great ideas every Friday.

Thought I'd show you a couple of tee tutorials I shared at Made it on Monday a few weeks ago in case you missed it.

I'm going to show you today how to easily and cheaply turn a couple of plain tops into pretty tees a little girl can be proud of!

     

(Really she does like the blue one!)

The Scattered Button Tee


Start off with a plain (and very cheap) tee shirt. (As you can see I'm not so good at ironing, but then you'd hate me if I was good at everything, right?)






Get about twenty buttons and play around with placing them until you're happy with how they look. I went for the kind of these-buttons-fell-off-my-head-and-down-my-top look.




Double over your thread and start sewing on buttons how you placed them. I just settled in front of the tv and had them all done in time for the end of a half hour programme. 




To secure the thread after each button loop the thread through itself and pull. I did his twice because I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to keep sewing buttons back on but once is probably fine.


Then put it on your cutie.








Next...


The Rosette Tee


Again start with a plain top, and then a couple of rosette flowers (Tutorial here if you need one).




(Just place them where you'd like them.)


And step two (also the last one!). Hot glue on the flowers where you'd like them and you're done!



(Pop something between the t-shirt layers to avoid gluing them together.) 





Just make sure to add a little extra hot glue if they flop down anywhere.






And bribe your daughter a second time to pose for photos.







So easy to do and great for gifts or just to jazz up some plain tops.

7 comments:

  1. These turned out so darling, I love how simple they are!

    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea! They turned out great! Thanks for sharing:) You got a beautiful space here.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling! I can't wait to make the button one for my little girl! I'm your newest follower, found you from Wow Me Wednesday link party. Hope you'll stop by my blog and to say hello and follow back if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Such a fun way to dress up a plain shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate you linking up this wonderful post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shirts. Love how fabulous they turned out. Thanks for adding your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So easy to make an ordinary t shirt into something unique. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete